Some Important contacts for Morecambe/Lancaster district:


In an emergency always dial 999

Overton’s PCSO

Rank: PCSO John Jackson
Collar Number: 7024

Morecambe Tel: 01524 596985

Ward: Overton

Lancashire Police

Each local policing team has a dedicated phone number or email address for you to contact them directly.

Morecambe: 01524 596985 Lancaster: 01524 596649
Non-Emergency dial 101, report it online, or in an emergency dial 999.


Lancaster City Council

Lancaster City Council

Dog Wardens 01524 582757

Lancaster City Council Dog Wardens

Morecambe Town Council

Morecambe Town Council

The following links take you to services for reporting to Lancaster City Council (Streetscene) and Lancashire County Council (Report It) and the Lancashire Road Safety Partnership (Traffic Speed Concerns).


Fly-tipping, graffiti, dog fouling, litter and bins.

‘Street Scene’ incidents can be reported directly online to Lancaster City Council.

You will need to supply your contact details and the location, nature and extent of the problem. Depending on the issue, one or more photos can be added to help with the report.

Report a streetscene issue

Highways (Report It)

Roads, pavements, cycle paths, public rights of way, street lighting, traffic lights and flooding incidents (includes issues with trees and hedgerows)

Faults on roads, pavements, cycle paths, public right of ways, street lighting, traffic lights or flooding incidents can be reported directly online to Lancashire County Highways using their ‘Report It’ service.

The online service displays a map showing existing issues and their status enabling you to check whether to proceed with the report.

Report a highways issue

Traffic speed concerns

The Lancashire Road Safety Partnership has introduced a dedicated online service for reporting traffic speed concerns Advice on using the online reporting service

Road Safety Partnership Home Page

Open the online traffic speed reporting service

Lancashire Fire and Rescue 01772 862545 (Lancaster fire station 01524 60193)

Lancashire County Council 0300 053 0000

Royal Lancaster Infirmary 01524 65944

NHS Choices (find NHS services near you)

Water (United Utilities)

Electricity 0800 195 4141 (Textphone 0800 458 9767)

National Grid 0800 111 999 (electricity and gas networks)

Environment Agency 0800 807060 (incident reporting) or 0345 988 1188 (floodline)

Floodline 0345 9881188 Lancashire County Council - 0300 123 6780 – If flooding is from highway drainage, surface water, groundwater or watercourses. We can also give you advice on local rest centres, road closures or vulnerable people.

BBC Radio Lancashire 103.9, 95.5, 104.5 FM


In an emergency always dial 999

If you need help now, and you're not sure what to do

If you think it's an emergency